Spiders are one of the least-liked of the creepy-crawlies, and it’s not hard to see why. Not only does just the look of them make the skin crawl, but some of them pack a painful bite. Luckily, most of the species found in Australia are not aggressive or deadly – but they can be an unsightly nuisance in the home.
Common spiders in Geelong homes can include:
- daddy long-leg
While many of these species are not outwardly aggressive to humans, spider bites can cause redness, swelling and irritation at the site, as well as nausea and headaches. If pain persists, or other symptoms like sweating, weakness or loss of co-ordination occur, you should consult a doctor immediately.
Safety comes first, and the best course of action is to avoid contact or antagonising the spider – especially red-back spiders, which can cause serious injury to young children and the elderly.
Spider pest control treatment in Geelong
Spiders will generally enter your home or business in two ways:
- through open doors, windows or via cracks and openings around framing
- hitching a ride in boxes, parcels, crates and other outdoor items brought into the house.
Spiders play an important role in the ecosystem, and specific treatments are best completed by a pest control expert. Bay City Pest Control will conduct a pest inspection and create a pest management treatment plan based on the type of spider and severity of infestation.
You can also implement preventative measures before and after pest control treatments to protect your home from spiders:
- sealing all possible entry points
- regularly cleaning and vacuuming your home to remove webs
- insect removal, as this takes away a spider’s food source
- clear all debris and other material spiders could use as shelter.
Please contact us to request a free quote.