Rodents have developed a pretty nasty reputation and many would argue it’s well-deserved, given rats are commonly held responsible for spreading the Black Plague throughout Europe in the 14th century. Even the collective name “vermin” tends to send a shiver down the spine. Without proper rodent control, rats and mice cause considerable damage to your property and can transmit diseases and other health problems.
Bay City Pest Control specialises in permanent, environmentally responsible and family-friendly mice, rat and rodent control in Geelong and surrounding areas.
Mice exterminator in Geelong
Mice breed quickly, capable of producing up to 60 pups per year. The most efficient way to remove a mice infestation is through a professional mice exterminator, to prevent:
- mice acting as a carrier and bringing fleas and other parasites into your home
- extensive interior and exterior damage- mice can chew through furniture and have even been known to cause house fires by chewing through electrical wiring
- contamination of food and other materials through mice droppings
- diseases and health problems transmitted by mice and their droppings, which have been linked to cases of childhood asthma
At Bay City Pest Control, we have more than a decade’s experience providing pest inspections and family-friendly pest management plans.
Geelong rat exterminator
It’s important to act quickly if you think you have a rat infestation. Rats are known to transmit a variety of diseases, as well as causing damage to interior and exterior structures on your property. Common things to look out for include:
- sounds of scurrying and scratching in your roof, walls or floors
- droppings up to 12mm in size
- visible signs of gnawing or damage
- rubmarks – due to their poor eyesight, rats will use walls to create familiar trails, where marks are left by the dirt and oil in their fur.
The best way to prevent a serious infestation is to employ a professional rat exterminator. Bay City Pest Control will perform an inspection, determining the breed of rat and best extermination method for a lasting solution, preventing damage to your home and disease-risk to your family.
Rodent control in the home
There are measures you can implement to reduce the likelihood of rats and mice invading your home, both before our visit and after:
- ensure all food is kept in air-tight, sealed containers and stored in a pantry, larder or cupboards
- clean all food and drink residue from benches, sinks and other surfaces
- don’t leave rubbish bags or bins open
- seal possible entry points, including gaps under doors and windows and cracks in floorboards or walls
- vacuum, sweep and clean your home thoroughly and regularly.
Bay City Pest Control is happy to provide a free quote for rodent control treatments. Please contact us to find out more.