Avoid pests this summer with pest inspections in GeelongDecember 4, 2015
With summer finally here, the creepy crawlies are already starting to come out of hiding. It’s common to find the odd spider around your house, but if you think you have an infestation, it’s important to call the experts. Bay City Pest Control offers peace of mind with pest inspections in Geelong.
Just like most people come out of hiding in the warmer weather, most pests tend to be more active in the summer months. It’s best not to disturb pests, as it usually causes them to relocate their nest to a different location in your home or business. If you see signs of pests, contact an expert for a pest inspection immediately.
A thorough inspection will include a comprehensive extermination plan and preventative measures in case of future infestations. Some common tips to avoid encouraging pests into your home include:
- keep all food tightly sealed and packed away in a cupboard or pantry
- clean up any spills, food and drink residue as soon as possible
- keep all surfaces in your home dry, as pests are drawn to moisture and dampness
- ensure windows, doors and cracks or crevices are sealed and use weather strips
- regularly clean and vacuum your home to remove dust and other food sources
- don’t leave bins or rubbish bags in open areas
- keep your home well-ventilated.